HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, April 30, 2011

In a Pinch Turn To Old Reliable

As Quilt Market preparations continue, I am working a lot more and doing household stuff a lot less.  Hhmmmm.....is that necessarily a bad thing?  Anyway....regular readers of my blog know that I love a good slow cooker recipe, and when my time is limited, I rely on them to get me through.  Here is the recipe that is my family's all time most requested slow cooker dinner.  Truly a delicious meal!  The best part is it couldn't be any easier!!

Chicken Marsala with Linguini


Ingredients:
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – can be frozen
½ cup butter
1 envelope Good Seasons salad dressing mix
2 cans (10oz) Golden Mushroom soup
1 cup Marsala cooking wine
1 large (12 oz) & 1 small (4 oz) can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
8 oz tub cream cheese with chives & onion (softened in microwave until creamy)
1 lb. linguini cooked according to package directions
Parmesan cheese shreds; garnish

Directions:
Place chicken in a 4 Qt (or larger) Crock Pot.  In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.  Stir in the soup, wine, salad dressing mix, mushrooms & cream cheese, stirring until all is melted and combined.  Pour soup mix over the chicken and cook in the Crock Pot on LOW 5-6 hours.  Serve chicken and sauce over hot pasta; top with shredded parmesan cheese.

Serves 6

  Back to work....Enjoy!
Pam

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...that sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good, I just threw it in my crock-pot for supper tonight. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the menu for dinner this week! Enjoy market!

    ReplyDelete