HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Out and About

It's a good feeling when you finally get unpacked from a trip, don't ya think? Now that everything is back in place, I've had a chance to catch up on a few things that needed my attention.  I've also been loving the new fabric finds I bought, letting them swirl around in my head to collect into new ideas.  While I was traveling to Wisconsin from home (the Chicagoland area), I made a few stops.  The first was to a favorite shop ~ The Quilter's General Store in Rockford, Il.  My dear friend, Deb Peterson owns this shop.

Shop owner Deb

As you walk up to the door, here is what greets you.....



Yes....I enter with a happy heart full of anticipation of the goodies I will find, and leave with a happy heart because of it! 



Enter the General Store on any given day and you'll find loads of inspiration,



Oodles of fabric in every category you might like, want, need.....



And many, many temptations.



Because Deb asked, I reluctantly posed for a photo next to my quilt, The Farmer's Daughter, which was designed for the shops upcoming Farm Fest event.  I hope you'll be tempted by one of the many class offerings!  Farm Fest is a blast, so if you're looking for something fun to do, please consider joining us.  You can learn more about Farm Fest using the link above and by reading my blog post of  April 4th entitled "Camp WannaQuilt"!!

From the Quilter's General Store, I traveled to another of my all time favorite shops, JJ Stitches in Sun Prairie, WI.  The store was buzzing with many shoppers, and my friend and shop owner, Julie Hendricksen was busy packing, getting ready to travel to Cincinnati for Quilt Festival.  I didn't have the heart to ask to take photos, but needless to say, the shop was as glorious as ever.  From there, I went to the Country Sampler where I spent 4 wonderful days retreating at the 2nd Story with my pals, Lynne Hagmeier (Kansas Troubles Quilters) and Lois Sprecker.  Lynne & Lois worked on several new quilts that will be shown at Quilt Market next month and I worked on a new quilt for the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle ~ Journey 3.  I promise I will show a sneak peek of that quilt in my next post.  Promise!!



I arrived back home just in time to head over to my very favorite local shop, The Quilt Merchant.  The Quilt Merchant is home base for me, and is where I teach the PWSC club every second Saturday.



We have the most amazing group of Prairie Women!  Most of these ladies are my founding members!!  Along with shop owner, Docia Fuller, they all took a chance with me when the club was unheard of, and have been with me ever since.
They will always have a special place in my heart.
 
Heartland Crossing from Journey One

  
These Prairie Women are a busy, talented, productive bunch as well.


Heartland Crossing

 They bring wonderful Show-N-Tell every month!

Heartland Crossing
I love that they make each quilt their own...

Prairie Huswyfe - Journey Two

Prairie Huswyfe
Choosing their fabrics and showing their creativity!  They are all very inspiring to me!

Thank you for stopping by today....I hope you enjoy your day! 
Pam

6 comments:

  1. always love your blog - so much eye candy ! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the show and tell! That shop looks like a great place to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my kind of quilt shops!! Love all the ladies quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of my favorite shops, but I haven't been there in a few months (they are a couple of hours away) so I loved seeing what's new there. Your pattern is my favorite of all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a road trip wish I could have come along!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see all of your pictures! I love your quilt "The Farmers Daughter"!! Is there a pattern available?

    ReplyDelete