HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pre-Market Crunch Time

No matter how much I plan ahead, the weeks just before Quilt Market are always a whirlwind of activity.  I am a planner, a champion To-Do list maker, and a highly skilled multi-tasker.... and still the crunch happens every time!  Ugh.  I guess it's the nature of the beast.  I share this with you not to complain....but to explain... why I haven't been doing a better job of posting.  So, I thought I'd just share what's been cookin' in my quilting kitchen.

In addition to designing and piecing The Farmer's Daughter quilt for Farm Fest in July, I've also been working on all new projects for Journey Three of the PWSC club, along with a few new additions and changes to the club program to keep it fresh and exciting!  Since the beginning of February, I've also hired a new company to build a brand new website for me.  It's been a whole lotta work, and a whole lotta fun, too! Naturally, its taken a lot longer than we thought, but I really hope it will be finished in a few weeks.  When the website is up and running, you'll also find a larger selection of program lectures and workshops as my invitations to guilds and quilt shops have grown. 

I've also been designing new quilts for a series of patterns that use Civil War reproduction fabrics.  The series is called......
Vintage Stitches

The very first Vintage Stitches pattern will be introduced at Quilt Market in a few weeks.  It's a Block of the Month quilt called Heartland Heritage.  Some of you may already be very familiar with Heartland Heritage as it was the first BOM I designed in partnership with the Fat Quarter Shop.  We've remade the quilt using all Civil War reproduction fabrics and we love how it turned out! 


Heartland Heritage Sampler with Civil War Repro fabrics

Well, those are just some of the new things that I've been working on here.  There's always something new brewing!  I'll keep you posted on my Quilt Market progress in the next two weeks. 

I'd also like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for stopping by to visit!  I also want to extend a special thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment on a post or send me an email.  I enjoy reading your emails and comments more than you know and I appreciate it so very much. 

Better get back to work....Pam

5 comments:

  1. Pam, it sounds like you are very busy. Hope you are taking time to enjoy the pleasure of your success. You deserve it. Have fun at Farm Fest!!
    Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making time to post prior to market. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring Market crunch time always finds you creative women hard at work... getting those patterns written and bindings on! A sneak peak or two and we'll be happy:)LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Karla did your Heartland Heritage BOM in KT fabrics and it was trully lovely. Can't wait to see a photo of it done in Civil War fabs.
    Really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well of course done in civil war fabrics its fabulous!
    thanks for sharing and take time to breathe!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete