HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Little Time to Play

A few weeks ago, I took a bit time for myself to play with this little quilting sensation called the Lil' Twister.  The template was designed by Marcia Bergren and there's been a bevy of fun quilts made in a variety of arrangements.  While I admired the quilts I saw, I wasn't moved to make one until I saw this little cutie!

Primitive Pinwheels made by Susan Laity Price
This 1930's quilt was made by Susan in my Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club.  She brought it for show-n-tell and I was instantly smitten.  The pinwheels are 2 1/2 inches.  Love those tiny blocks.
It's not only the size of the pinwheel....the layout really got me!

So, I set about making two identical quilts.... one for myself and one for a friend. 

Here's how the first stage looks......


....and here's the finished quilt.


Same quilt, different fabrics.  Oh, and it can be made smaller, too!  The Lil' Twister templates and patterns are available all over the place.  To make this quilt, you will need Susan's instructions, which are included free with the purchase of the Primitive Pinwheels pattern by Primitive Gatherings.  Susan's instructions are available free, but only from The Quilt Merchant, in Winfield, IL with the purchase of the pattern.  Click here to go to The Quilt Merchant's website.

It was loads of fun to make!  Have you made a quilt using the Lil' Twister?

Thank you for dropping by!  Pam

2 comments:

  1. I love the primitive colors quilt - have purchased the Lil' Twister but need to now use it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made one - they are so much fun - would love to make some more!

    ReplyDelete