HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Collections from Marcus Fabrics!

It never ceases to amaze me how many new and wonderful fabrics
are created in a year's time.  If we only had money to buy them all
and a space big enough to give them all a home!
A girl sure can wish!

I recently received fabric samples of some of the new upcoming lines and wanted to share
these collections with you.  Perhaps some of these fabrics will make their way into your stash!

First up are the fabrics from a new collection by Judie Rothermel called
Civil War Journals.  I super sized the photos so you can get a good look
at these lovely prints.


Sorry that the pictures aren't all the same size.  I just wanted them to be as big as they could be so you could really see the prints.






Civil War Journals will also be offered as a Block of the Month created by the talented ladies
of Homestead Hearth.  To see the BOM click here.  The fabrics will be available
in November.


Next up are the fabrics from Judie's new collection, Nineteenth Century Backgrounds.


These fabrics are in stores now.  If you love shirtings, don't miss this collection!

****************************************

These luscious fabrics were designed by Paula Barnes for her new collection
called Country Manor.



  I don't know about you, but I'm lovin' some of these prints - big time!! 
Country Manor is due out in October. 

***********************************************

Admittedly, I saved my favorite collection for last.....Paula Barnes' Cotton Club.

Why is it my favorite??  It has R-E-D in the collection!!
Red and lovely browns, too.
  
Mary Ellen Robison & Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue Quilts

You may remember that I raved about the Cotton Club quilt in May when we were at Quilt Market.  This quilt is so gorgeous, so unbelievable in person,
you can't help but have to have it!  I love Blocks of the Month, and like you, am too
busy to make them all, so I've tried to resist.  But sometimes.....
a quilt just grabs you.....ya know?  This quilt grabbed me, alright! 
And I'm smiling all the way! 

Here's a super-sized look at the wonderful fabrics of the Cotton Club collection.






Click here to see the Cotton Club BOM......or better yet, ask for it at your favorite quilt shop!
The collection is due out in September.

You really must see all of these collections and prints in person.  Even super-sized,
photos just don't do them justice.  There are plenty of fabrics from these
collections that I will be wanting to buy lots more of.....and the creative wheels are
working overtime inspiring me to make new quilts.  The wide variety of prints among
the collections will undoubtedly create gorgeous quilts and I can hardly wait
to begin piecing with them!

A big, giant THANK YOU to the folks at
Marcus Fabrics for their generosity. 

I hope these fabrics will inspire the creativity in you as well.
Thanks for visiting with me today!
Pam

7 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering...love those reds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have 1/2 yard of everything, thank you. Don't I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - the are incredible! Aren't you excited about the reds??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, I love them all and red is favorite color!! I will be in Joliet next weekend and am wondering if there is a Quilt shop that is a must to visit. I will be coming from the East. I'm especially interested in the shirtings because I want to do the baskets from the Cold Wind Blows - another favorite thanks to you!!! Thank you for all the inspiration and I hope you respond to this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not resist the Cotton Club either and ordered the kit from Sewuniquecreations. I am so excited to get it! I love Red too! It's going to be fun sewing all of those little blocks and Kimberly at FQshop said she sewed all of them in a week! Wow! Maybe we can whip it out in no time so we can admire it! Thanks for the sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete