HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, September 3, 2011

San Francisco

On Friday, I stepped away from my everyday life for a few days to get some rest, have some fun, and visit my favorite American city, San Francisco!  We rode the cable car to Fisherman's Warf, the went on to Napa Valley where we enjoyed a dinner on the Wine Train which travels thru the Napa Valley vineyards....wonderful!

Serendipity struck yesterday morning when my hubby and I were dining at a local breakfast spot downtown, when who got seated next to us but my cousin Pennie and her husband, Dave!  They live in southern California and we don't get to see each other very often.  We had no idea they were coming to San Francisco and they didn't know we were either.  We were and are still stunned that we not only ended up in the same city, but in the same area of the city, with hotels one block apart, eating at the same restaurant at the table next to us!!  It's truly a small world!!  They joined us on the cable car and our visit to the warf.  So fun!

I plan on visiting Laci's - a shop in Berkeley that I heard of many years ago that specializes in vintage fabrics, laces and antique sewing tools.  I'll let you know what I find.

I am still struggling to post to my blog using my iPad which is the whole reason I bought one.  I am determined to get it working!  In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying the long Labor Day weekend doing something you love. 

Thanks for stopping by....Pam

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy THE CITY and all the Bay Area has to offer! Beautiful time of year to visit. I was born and raised there. I know...what possessed us to leave.

    ReplyDelete