HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lynne Pays a Visit


Sunday afternoon, Lynne (as in Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles Quilters) arrived at my doorstep for a visit and some much needed girlfriend time.  I coerced her to stay a few days on her way home from Osh Kosh, WI, where she taught and lectured at a wonderful quilting event there.  Honestly, (and happily) it didn't take much to talk her into it! 

Her visit gave me the perfect reason to take a break from my quilt market preparations at the keyboard and spend time just talking about family, friends, and work related stuff.  This also gave us another opportunity to do more planning for our first quilting cruise ~ The Great Girlfriend Get-Away.  We're going to Alaska in August, and, of course, we'd love for you to join us.  We have two cruises in the works for next year....one to the Caribbean, and one to Canada & New England, just in time for the fall colors.  We'll be posting more about that once all of the details are worked out, so please stay tuned.

Lynne and I were able to do some sewing, and I worked on American Gothic, which is pictured in the background of the photo above.  I still have a few more rows to go and then it will go out for quilting.    It'll be featured in an upcoming post once the photos are done.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be heading to WI to meet my girlfriends for a quilting getaway at The Mill Creek Settlement Retreat.  More sewing, sewing, sewing on new patterns for market....YAY! 

Don't forget that my Pocket Patchwork sew-along begins on Friday.  See the posts below for more info on that. 

I'll have oodles of stuff to blog about next week.  Until then...Happy Stitching!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Join Lynne Hagmeier and me as we cruise to Alaska on The Great Girlfriend Get-AwayClick here to find all of the details!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment