HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, March 16, 2012

Still Humming Along

The last few days have flown by in a blur, but what else is new?  I'll have several new things to share with you next week, so for now, let's continue with some awesome Prairie Women's Sewing Circle show-n-tell.


All of the pictures in this post have been made by the very talented group of ladies in my own Prairie Women's Sewing Circle clubs.  This is Sue's quilt, called Elizabeth's Prairie Garden, and is the hexagon bonus project in Journey Three.  She fussy cut quite a few little surprises into her quilt and is in the proecess of hand quilting it, too!



Here's another version of The Contrary Wife, also from Journey Three. 


This quilt is called A Light in the Window, Journey Three.  I just love the border fabric!!



 


How I love seeing the same quilts done in different fabrics, and both of these quilts, called Olde Settler's Way, from Journey Two, are more stunning in person than the photo shows.  Isn't that always the case?!



The Quilting Gathering, Journey Two, seems to be a popular quilt to make.  Those little blocks would be difficult, to say the least, except they are paper pieced.  Many of my club members either had never paper pieced or were not fans, but with a demo and some helpful hints, they gave it a try - and loved it.  You just can't argue with the precision paper piecing gives.  Love those make-do blocks, too!


This quilt, showcasing the Yo-yos featured in Journey One, is called Scraps from Home.  I'm thinking the word "fantastic" would aptly describe this quilt.  I love the coloring, adore the border fabric (it's one of my favs!) and it's hand quilted.  Fantastic, don't you agree?


We'll draw our show-n-tell to a close with a beauty.  This quilt is Gentlemen Caller, from Journey One.  Again, the photo just doesn't do the quilt justice!!  Loads of fun make-do's in there, too!

I know I'm biased, but I have to say.....Great Job....to all my club members!  I hope you enjoyed the quilts of their labors!!


4 comments: