HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, April 27, 2012

Pocket Patchwork ~ Busy Work ~ Part Five



It's part five of our Pocket Patchwork sew-along and time to sew our blocks together.  Here are the next set of instructions for our Busy Work quilt......

Cutting Instructions

*Cut (1) 1 1/2 inch black square for the center.
*Cut (4) 1 1/2 inch x 6 1/2 inch strips for sashing.

Piecing Instructions

1). Arrange the pieces for the quilt center as shown.

2). Sew together into rows; in all cases press to the sashing.

3). Sew rows together; press.  Your Busy Work quilt center should measure 13 1/2 inches square.


Not a whole lot of piecing today because I want you to rest up!  We'll have a bit more piecing to do in Part Six, when we put the finishing touches on our Busy Work quilt.  I think our little quilt is cute just the way it is, but trust me, it's gonna get even better! 

If you're just tuning in and want to participate in my Pocket Patchwork Sew-alongs, it's not too late!  To receive the instructions for Parts One thru Four, find the Pocket Patchwork ~ Busy Work label on the right column of my blog.  Going forward, the best and easiest way to receive the instructions is to enter your email address in the "Follow by Email" icon, also found in the right column.  While you're at it, become a follower of my blog as well! 

I can hardly wait for you to see Part Six!  So exciting!!!









4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this step...anxious to see how it finishes up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Awaiting the next step. Thanks for saying what the center should measure, it's so helpful to know if I am exact or way off. So many designer don't and it makes the stress level go high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finished Part 5 and posted it on my blog along with a note about your new fabric. It's great colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest quilt -- now I want one!

    ReplyDelete