HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back From Market in Kansas City!!

I'm so sorry that it's been a long, long time since I've posted on my blog.  I had high hopes of being able to keep up while I was at market, but there was just no chance.  My good intentions hit a bump the first day out because of poor internet connections, and that, along with a very full schedule, busy market, and a fun three days with the staff of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine left nary a second to do any blogging. 

However.......I took loads and loads of photos to share with you once I returned home!  I'll bet you've been seeing lots of pictures of market from other designers, and I'm hoping that I have some that maybe you haven't seen.  It will take several posts to be able to show them all, so let's get started....from the very beginning.


My pal, Tara Lynn Darr (Sew Unique Creations) and I left early the Monday morning before market.  It felt soooo good to have the trailer packed and hit the open road. 


We drove to Columbia, MO where we stayed the night, and visited a terrific antique mall called Artichoke Annies.


BFF, Lynne Hagmeier (Kansas Troubles Quilters) always stops at Artichoke Annie's when she's passing through, so we knew we just had to stop to check it out.


You see....what made it so exciting with possibilities is that I never, ever get to go antiquing with a trailer hitched to the car.  And...there was some room in that trailer, too!  Alas....while Annie's was full of wonderful goodies, I didn't buy anything needing a trailer.  Bummer!  I did purchase a lovely stack of antique quilt blocks that held beautiful fabrics for my future lines!  A nice little treasure!

The next day, Tara and I met Lynne in Greenwood, MO, to shop at Old Glory Antiques.  ARGH!  It was closed.  I had been there a few years ago and was so jazzed to return there.  Another time, and another excuse to go back.  We had fun bumming around the rest of the day visiting other fun shops.  Our girlfriend fun days came to an end,
and we began gearing up to arrive at the convention center bright and early on
Wednesday morning for the start of set-up.

Set-up begins with my next post in a day or so.  Stay tuned!

Pam
  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you could have spent days in that shop! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have arrived home safe and sound. Waiting to see your pictures, so far, all I've seen on blogs is the modern fabrics, where you, Primitive Gathering and KT the only primitive booths--sure hope not!!

    ReplyDelete